There are a lot of best attractions in Dubai that you must see – while some of them are ritzy and exorbitant, some can be accessed for Free! Yes, you heard it right! If you want to explore without spending too much, there are several places to visit in Dubai for free.
Dubai has been listed among the top 10 cities to visit in the world. With the world’s biggest malls, tallest skyscrapers, and pioneering destinations – there are enormous touristy places to see in Dubai. Further, events such as the Dubai Shopping Festival; Dubai Food Festival; Dubai World Cup; Middle East Film and Comin Con; Gitex; etc. gather a lot of tourists as well.
A must visit places in Dubai may outnumber, as the tourism sector in Dubai is completely on boost. However, we have listed for you the top 10 places in Dubai that you can visit for free.
- Dubai Mall – The number one place among the best places in Dubai is the Dubai Mall. Whether you would like to indulge in an expansive shopping of high-end brands or would just like to stroll around – Dubai Mall ought to be the right destination! Apart from being the world’s largest mall – it also houses an indoor aquarium; an ice rink and so much more. The entry is free and it only takes a metro ride to reach this place.
- Dubai Fountain – Another must visit place in Dubai is the Dubai Fountain show, that is held every evening. The viewing is for free and the show is repeated every half an hour. A gigantic audience visits the Dubai fountain each evening and on occasions or events they also put up fireworks.
- Burj Khalifa – Although the top of Burj Khalifa or the view deck would cost you around 100 AED to 150 AED, but you can witness the glory of the world’s tallest skyscraper from ground level. (PS – It also makes an ideal place for selfies)
- Souqs – Retaining the charm of Dubai are the Souqs (Arabian traditional shops) that sell local and regional produce and products. A must visit place in Dubai are the Madinat Souq, Gold Souq; Spice Souq and Textile Souq. These are extended alleys with several shops and strolling around itself could be enriching and amazing.
- Dubai Canal – A new addition is the Dubai Canal – you may take a boat ride at a nominal cost. But if you are not in a mood of spending, just sit on one of the benches and take a look at the beauty of the thrusting water and the lights.
- Dubai Creek – Visit the Dubai Creek to experience the historic center and has various attraction around. You may also take an Abra ride (traditional boat ride) that only costs 2 AED or sit by the creek sipping Sulamani (Arabic Tea). The seawater creek is also an ideal place to watch the fast moving city or hang out with friends at some of the authentic eateries.
- Old Dubai – Parts of Deira and Bur Dubai make up old Dubai. Old Dubai mainly showcases the heritage of the city. The Dubai Fort, the Dubai Museum, the Dubai Court and some other location are a must visit places in old Dubai.
- Jumeriah Public Beach – While there are several magnificent beaches in Dubai with crystal clear water, Jumeriah makes it to the list because you can also get an amazing view of the Burj Al Arab from this beach. Enjoy the sun and sand, while taking some pictures of the Burj Al Arab – the only 7-star hotel in the world for free!
- Dubai City Walk – A beautiful fountain, a tree-lined promenade, the alley of skyscrapers in the background and a stretch of outdoor retail and eateries. This is a perfect location to spend an evening.
- Dubai Downtown – You may also visit the Dubai Downtown – that has gigantic shopping malls, Arabesque complexes, walkways with beautiful street art and so much more.